Monday, March 09, 2009

OVERWHELMED

This weekend I made the mistake of buying three games--Tales of Symphonia (played about two hours of it as a rental a few years ago; was unimpressed, especially with the storyline, and then I read that the story is basically "cliched as hell for about five hours then turns INCREDIBLY screwy, so why not; I'm about five hours in and waiting for the screwy, though there have been some very dark notes here and there), Tales of Legendia (I wanted to try a Tales game, in any case, and I liked the idea of the setting of this one), and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (which I've been searching for for about a month; I saw a friend playing Apollo Justice and it seemed really cool.) I went to about five different stores on Saturday looking for any one of them and found Symphonia; I only bought the other two because I was at the mall with my parents and saw both and figured, okay, save myself future effort.

I started Phoenix Wright and am enjoying it a lot--it reminds me very much of the kids' PC game Eagle Eye Mysteries (I should give that another go, I have fond memories of it.) I'm about 5-6 hours into Symphonia. I played about an hour of Legendia, just so I could say I have; I'm going to hold off on that until I beat or give up on Symphonia.

So right now, I am in the middle of the following games:

PS2:
Dragon Quest 8
Persona 4

Gamecube:
Tales of Symphonia

Wii:
Zak and Wiki
Dragon Quest Swords (though I might move that into the "given up on" pile)

DS:
Retro Game Challenge
Dragon Quest 5 (I just have the bonus dungeon left to do)
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

(That list is completely out of sync with the list in the right sidebar, I know...)

On top of all of that, I preordered the snazzy red limited edition RE5 XBox 360 bundle, which comes out Friday midnight. I am completely overwhelmed by gaming. I ought to be able to knock off at least the DS pile by then, and I could officially decide to give up on DQSwords...and that still leaves 4 games, 3 of which are long-ass RPGs.

I think I need to take a week off, disconnect my computer and my phone, and do nothing but game. Or move back in with my parents and just play. That could be fun...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home