Monday, September 22, 2008

The new old school

Oh man, it's a great week to have been a kid in the late '80s-early '90s.

(Actually, any week is a great week for that...I was too young to have gone through the trauma of the videogame crash and old enough to have seen the Golden Age of Nintendo firsthand.)

Two things have come out within this week that have reminded me exactly why I love and play videogames. (After a while, after the sixtieth straight hour of angsty cutscenes in the latest boring Final Fantasy, you begin to forget.) One is the Dragon Warrior/Quest IV remake; the other is Mega Man 9.

I'll post full reviews (and I should probably do a Why I Stopped Playing of the Final Fantasy IV remake while I'm at it) if I ever beat them (Nintendo Hard, people) but for now I'm thrilled as beans. Seriously: run and get them. One is the greatest RPG of all time; the other is a worthy sequel to a generally phenomenal series. (Guess which is which.)

I'm going to stop goddamn blogging. There is gamin' to be done. (To say nothing of the applications to PhD programs I should be filling out.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home